Misdemeanor & Felony Lawyers – Serving Gurnee & Lake County, Illinois
Solve your legal problems
Most misdemeanor crimes are punishable by imprisonment of up to one year. Having a conviction of a misdemeanor on your record can affect your ability to get a lob, a loan or even a professional license.
What can happen to me as a result of a criminal arrest?
- Face a jail or prison sentence
- Face incarceration while a case is ongoing
- You may lose your driver’s license (even if not a traffic offense)
- Probation supervision
- Public service sentences imposed
- Fines and costs totaling tens of thousands of dollar against you
- Face loss of FOID card
- Criminal convictions can follow you for the rest of your life and prevent employment or advancement and even approval of some loans
How can Nutschnig & Cavanaugh help?
- File bond reductions and release motions
- Bond liens allow me to represent you without a down payment: your money goes for your release on bond not representation
- Petition for dismissal through a Motion to Quash Arrest and Suppress Evidence
- Negotiate settlements that keep you out of jail, keep your license, and minimize fines and costs
- Negotiate settlements that enable you to erase (expunge) charges from your record at a later date and protect your record
- Prepare aggressive trial strategies to fight the case against you
Is time important?
- In all criminal cases, time is extremely important
- Timely filing of Evidence Preservation Orders
- My initial interview should be done within 1-2 days of the arrest because memories fade and evidence can disappear with time.
- Same day appointments are always available with my office for your convenience
- Evenings and weekends (Saturday and Sunday) are available by appointment
Contact us today
Nutschnig & Cavanaugh, 4017 Old Grand Ave, Gurnee, Illinois 60031